Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Marriage 101

At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.
~Ann Landers


A friend of mine just posted this as her Facebook status ;)  Thanks Tammy. 

This is something I think of often in my married life.  My husband and I are different in many ways, but are alike in most of the ways that really matter.  We parent almost identically, we both make each other laugh, we are both pretty laid back, and we both enjoy being pretty sociable people.  All of these, had they worked out being differences, may have made this life of ours a little more difficult.

I'm only here today to talk about the latter quality.  We both enjoy being pretty sociable people.  On the weekends, we would never in a million years be stuck sitting at home.  We like to get out.  At the first whiff of spring, we both can't wait to get out and enjoy another baseball season with our kids at their games and watching college baseball.   If our friends are hosting a party, we are there.  Just the same, we are often the ones hosting the party.  Sure, living in this tiny rent house since July is cramping our style, but we'll get in the new house someday, and back to our normal selves.  (Oh yeah, I guess we need to get out into the LC social scene soon, too.  I don't think I know how to do that at allllll.)

I know.  I'm getting to the point.  Anytime I am talking to someone thinking of marriage, I always ask this one. 

Do you like to go out and do the same things?  Are you alike socially?

I don't mean everything.  My husband will never share the pair of tickets to the Russian Ballet, see Stomp, go to the Art Walk (happily), or the local Art Festival I go to every year, or see The Lion King when I finally get to go.  That's what my girls in my life are for.  But, my husband would be more than okay with watching the kids or seeing that I get to do what I want to do whole-heartedly.  I would be fine anytime he'd like to go fishing, hunting, camping, or whatever the men get together for.  We respect each other's social lives and enjoy ours together.   When we are together, we enjoy each other and our friends all the same.

We all know those people who are DYING to get out of the house, go out for just one night, and booorrredddd.  I'm not one of those people.  I'm glad. 

~ACZ




<----This is my husband and me.  The picture is a couple of years old, but cameras are kryptonite to his smile.  This time, he won.

This was also the short time in my life when I allowed my curls to do their thing.  Mistake.  Lesson learned.



Cast your VoTe for my blog.  Top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment