Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mani/Pedi Poser

I finally got rid of the kids long enough decided to cash in today on the gift card my husband gave as part of my birthday gift.  My birthday is March 12th.  It is April 1st..................................you get it.

Anyway, it was heaven. 

Okay, it was not quite like the picture I just snatched from bing.com, but it was a wonderful mani/pedi.  I needed it.  I've had one of the busiest weeks I've had in a while.  My kids' teachers probably think I pay no attention to them whatsoever from the looks of their folders and signed papers.  The truth is I look at them in my classroom, and shove them all back in.................Okay, that's a lie. I did not check them daily this week as I should.................Alright!  I didn't check them at all!!!  I feel guilty and horrible, but it was SAT review week and testing was minimal.  My kids mostly work independently anyway......Fine.  I failed as a parent this week.

Moving on.....my mani/pedi was fabulous.  If you know me, I am a tightwad particular with my spending.  My husband, knowing this, can always depend on the gift card for some type of pampering that I would never splurge on myself.  I took advantage today when my wonderful in-laws decided tonight was a good night for a baseball game with all 3 of my children.

I took in every moment, every massage, every sluff, and buff.  My toes were given much needed attention after a winter of neglect, as my hands and fingernails endured their metamorphosis.  So much more enjoyable when it is given as a gift from someone you love.

When this 30 minutes of heaven was over, I flopped out in my pedi shoes, waltzed up to the counter with my well-deserved gift card from my wonderful husband.  The sweet, Asian woman looked at my card, looked at me like I had just been dropped by a UFO, and pointed across the street.  "Dis faw nail place there".


{{{shame}}}}..............{{{{{recomposure}}}}}}}}}........................

"Oh, I'm sorry.  I'm new in town.  No problem.  What do I owe you?"

I left this haven with my head hung in shame and my beautiful nails glistening in the sunset.

~Lesson:  Check the name of the store closely before cashing in on the gift card.

1 comment:

  1. That totally sounds like something I would do. At least now you get to go for another pampering session!

    ReplyDelete