Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Monday, May 23, 2011

This Heart is Not for You

Lately when Catie leaves school, all she can talk about is her sweetheart, Grant, and his refusal to play with her as often as she'd like.  Recently, she made a heart for him, tried to give it to him, and he didn't want it.  Crushed, Catie dragged her feet from the classroom that day.  Like any good Mom would, I stuck it in his cubby anyway.

Well, today, an interesting turn of events has my girl's heart all aflutter again.  When I picked her up, her teacher leapt up and came to tell me about her day.  Apparently, Catie made a heart again today.  She went to her teacher's desk and asked if she can put it in her cubby to give to her brother.  Grant was standing beside her.  She looked him straight in the eye, and said, "This heart is not for you.  I'm giving it to my brother."  He looked at her, and said, "It's not?"  "It's not, "  she said.

For the rest of the day, Catie could not shake sweet Grant from her side.   As her teacher told this delightful story, Catie giggled, "And Grant told me something......umm...but I can't tell you."  We told her we had to know what he said.  She replied, "I'll tell you when it snows."  ((Well, that'll be a short wait in South Louisiana, I'm sure.))

Eventually, she could not stand it and whispered in my ear, "Grant told me he's my boyfriend."

Lesson:  All stinky boys are the same no matter if they are 3 or 30.

~ACZ

1 comment: