Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Embarrasing Mom/Teacher Moment #3452

This morming we arrived at school earlier than ever.  Ever so proud of ourselves, we leapt out of the Expedition cheery-eyed and bushy-tailed.  As we all gathered our 872 things needed for our school day, I realized Abby's booksack was missing!  I looked at Abby and asked, "Abby, where is your booksack?"  "I put it behind the truck this morning," she replied.........................................................................................
(Mental Note: Text Todd to retrieve book sack from driveway before the rain.)

Upon arriving into my classroom, I get a call....................from Todd...............Apparently the neighbor found Abby's book sack in the middle of the road and rang the doorbell.  "Not to worry," Todd said,  "they have a kid in Abby's class and will bring it with them to give to Abby."

Enter mortifying eMbArRaSsMeNt!!!!  Yes, that's right, this morning I backed up feeling like I'd conquered the world since we were so early, not realizing that I was dragging my poor 8-year-old's sweet flowery blue monogrammed book sack SEVEN feet into the middle of the street.  Lurching forward, oblivious to the scene I was leaving for the new neighbors to ogle over.  To top it off, to my rescue comes a neighbor whom I've NEVER MET, WHOSE SON I WILL TEACH NEXT YEAR!

Unbelievable.  If you need me, I'll be hiding under my desk.

**Update:  Just met the Mom in the school cafeteria while she had lunch with her son.  She introduced herself as the one who brought Abby's book sack to school and said it was so nice to meet me. 

Shoot me.

1 comment: