Click here to VoTe for my bLoG!!!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Faux Sneaux

Okay..the sheer mention of a "wintry mix" from the local weatherman on Wednesday sent this entire Cajun state into panic and preparation for what was to come.  Never mind that people in Chicago are trapped on roadways because they refuse to let a "little" snow stop them from venturing out.
Shut her down!  All schools, public buildings, and small businesses went home, put on the flannels, lit the fireplace and waited.


...and waited


...and waited

It's Friday now.  While we did experience about 8 entire minutes of miniscule hail on Thursday morning, it seems this was a false alarm.  Sure, hindsight is 20/20...better to be safe than sorry...I know all this....but I have 3 kids, INside, for the last 30 or so hours.  It's getting a little crowded in the itty bitty rent house.

The mood went from roaring celebration Wednesday night when we received the automated call from the school to crankiness somewhere in the early evening yesterday.  The kids are grouchy, bored, tired of looking at each other. Frankly, I'm beginning to feel the same.  I never thought I'd say it, but.....we miss school.

There, I said it.  We miss school.

~ACZ

1 comment:

  1. Yes, day 2 is a bit much for me too!! Benjamin keeps making me dress & undress his GI Joe dolls! Grrrr!!

    Trish :)

    ReplyDelete